top of page
Image by Jon Moore

Lead Poisoning & Exposure

Expert Guidance

If you are a parent, you should know that any residential dwelling built or renovated before 1978 probably has lead paint. Lead poisoning is an insidious and potentially devastating illness which-- if occurring at age 18 to 36 months of a child’s life-- has the potential for causing lifelong neurological cognitive impairment and severe emotional consequences.

If you are you the parent of a child who may have had exposure to lead (generally arising from cracked or chipped paint in the child’s home) particularly while your child was between the ages of 18 and 36 months, your child is at risk for permanent cognitive impairment.

Here are some important facts to consider:

  • Your child does not have to "eat paint chips" to be lead poisoned; the mere presence of lead dust in your child's room from "friction surfaces" such as windows or doors is amply sufficient to cause lead poisoning in your child.

  • If your child has been shown to have from a blood test a blood lead level reported as "high" or "abnormal" (greater than 10 micrograms per deciliter of blood) that blood lead level is defined by the United States Center for Disease Control, the "CDC",as lead poisoning.

  • If your child complained of "stomach aches" or nausea between the ages of 18 and 36 months such complaints can be signs of lead poisoning.

  • If your child has had difficulties in scholastic achievement and is struggling to "keep up" (although he may have done better in kindergarten and the earlier primary grades) that struggle may be evidence that your child has been lead poisoned.

  • If it has been suggested that your child has "ADD" (attention deficit disorder)or “ADHD” (attention deficit hyperactive disorder) that diagnosis may show that your child has been lead poisoned.

  • If your child has begun to "act out" (have behavioral difficulties) and this "acting out" behavior seems to have become more severe as your child has become older, those behavioral issues may have been caused by your child's exposure to lead.

  • The landlord or owner of the premises where your child ingested or breathed in the lead dust may be legally responsible to your child to compensate for his or her lifelong struggle with the horrific consequences of the lead poisoning. And, such compensation may include, among other items, reparation for future lost income, psychological counseling, and emotional anguish.

The Greenberg Law Firm, LLP can help. Our firm has substantial experience with lead poisoning cases. We know how to properly assess your child's claim, locate and enlist the aid and consultation of the nation's leading experts, and achieve outstanding court-room results. We are well aware that our efforts will have life-long consequences for your child and his family.

Lead Poisoning & Exposure: Services
bottom of page